ADDITIONALLY OUR CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY EXTENDS TO THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
Spirit Jersey® does not use forced labor of any kind. This includes the guarantee of not having any prison labor, indentured labor, bonded labor, or any other employment arrangement that may in any way be construed as forced labor.
Spirit Jersey® does not employ any person under the age of 18.
Spirit Jersey® will not be a part of employment discrimination in any form. While in the process of hiring, considering compensation, potential promotion, discipline, or termination, Spirit Jersey® will not consider gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, political opinion, or social or ethnic origin.
Abuse and/or Harassment
Spirit Jersey® treats all employees with dignity and respect. No person employed by Spirit Jersey®, contractors of Spirit Jersey®, manufacturers associated with Spirit Jersey®, or persons contracted by the manufacturers will be subject to physical, sexual, psychological, or verbal harassment or abuse.
Health and Safety
Spirit Jersey® provides a safe, sanitary, and healthy working environment. This means that Spirit Jersey® takes all necessary steps to prevent workplace accidents and prevent illness arising out of workplace operations. Spirit Jersey® has and will continue to identify potential emergency situations in the workplace, and minimize their potential impact by implementing emergency preparedness plans and response procedures. Employees are provided access to first-aid, health, safety, and hazard-reduction materials and information.
Spirit Jersey® agrees to pay its employees at least minimum wage for all hours worked. This company agrees to not make any disciplinary deductions to any employee wages.
Payment of Wages
Spirit Jersey® posts a written payday notice for all employees to see. This company agrees to abide by this notice and pay their employees as stipulated on the posted payday notice.
Spirit Jersey® pays the overtime premium for all overtime hours worked by all employees, as required by law. In addition, this company agrees that all overtime will be consensual in nature and not excessive. Spirit Jersey® provides all of the required state and federal postings for the employees to be able to determine the overtime regulations for their industry and location.
Except in extraordinary business circumstances, hourly and/or quota-based wage employees shall 1) not be required to work more than the lesser of (a) 48 hours per week and 12 hours overtime; or (b) the limit on regular and overtime hours allowed by the law of the country of manufacture or, where the laws of the country do not limit the hours of work, the regular work week in such country, plus 12 hours of overtime; and 2) be entitled to at least one day off in every seven-day period.
Spirit Jersey® complies with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Implementation of the Code of Conduct
Spirit Jersey® agrees to take all necessary steps to ensure implementation of all aspects of this Code of Conduct within their facilities. Further, this company agrees to post a copy of this Code of Conduct in their workplace in the employees’ native language(s). Spirit Jersey® will furnish their employees with an individual and personal copy of this Code of Conduct at any time, upon request of any employee.
Spirit Jersey® shall adopt and adhere to rules and conditions of employment that respect workers and, at a minimum, safeguard their rights under all applicable laws and regulations. We require that our contractors comply with the same practices.
Employees and officers must maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information entrusted to them by Spirit Jersey® or its customers or suppliers, except when disclosure is authorized in writing by the chief financial officer or required by law or regulation. Proprietary information includes all non-public information that might be of use to competitors or harmful to Spirit Jersey® or its customers or suppliers, if disclosed. It includes information that suppliers and customers have entrusted to us. The obligation to preserve proprietary information continues even after employment ends.
Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining
Spirit Jersey® fully recognizes and respects employees’ rights to freedom of association and collective bargaining.
Spirit Jersey® meets, or exceeds, all applicable regulatory requirements to protect and preserve the environment. The company will continue to strive to lessen any potential impact on the environment.
Compliance with Laws and Procedures<
Spirit Jersey® and our employees must work as a team to promote a positive work environment and prevent violations of this Code of Conduct. Occasionally, situations may arise which have not been dealt with previously. It is important to keep the following steps in mind when addressing difficult situations:
- Make sure you have all the facts. In order to find the proper solution, we must be as fully informed as possible;
- Ask yourself, “What, specifically, am I being asked to do? Does it seem unethical or improper?”” This will enable you to focus on the specific issue facing you and what alternatives you have. Use your judgment and common sense; if something seems unethical or improper, it probably is;
- Discuss the problem with your supervisor. In many cases, your supervisor will be more knowledgeable about the matter and will appreciate being brought into the decision-making process. Remember that it is your supervisor’s responsibility to help solve problems. If you are uncomfortable discussing the issue with your supervisor, you can talk to your general manager or human resources manager;
- Seek help from Spirit Jersey®’s resources. Where it may not be appropriate to discuss an issue with your supervisor or local management, call 213-784-0254, which will put you in direct contact with the CEO at Spirit Jersey®. If you prefer to write, you may address your concerns by writing to the CEO. Anonymous reports can be made by dropping a note in our Comment Box. Comments are picked up and addressed by the CEO, personally;
- You may report violations in confidence and without fear of retaliation. If your situation requires that your identity be kept secret, your anonymity will be protected. Spirit Jersey® does not permit retaliation of any kind against employees or officers;
- Always ask first and act later. If you are unsure of what to do in any situation, seek guidance before you act;
- All employees and officers are subject to the Code of Conduct, which describes procedures for internal reporting of violations of the Code. All employees and officers must comply with these reporting requirements and encourage compliance by others. Failure to adhere to this Code by any employee or officer will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.